Frost? In February?

This morning's plan was to:
  1. Get up at 5AM
  2. Get out the door by 5:30
  3. Get to PHF by 6AM
  4. Get in the air in 737GR by 6:30
3 out of 4 ain't bad.

When I arrived at the airport, it was quickly made known that the airplane was covered in frost. We've had such warm weather here all last month that the thought of morning frozen water never entered my mind. But after riding out to the airplane and seeing the de-icer truck warming up it began to sink in. I wouldn't get to fly today.

Of course if I had something to clear the frost with, I would have been OK. But alas, there was nothing to help me with that job (no chemicals, etc.), and I wasn't about to try to clear all those surfaces by hand in the frozen dark.

So maybe my 10AM time will work out better tomorrow. At least I won't be up at 5AM - at least I hope not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight