2nd first cross country flight

I did my first cross country today since starting back into flying (1.6hrs worth).

Had a few problems with the nav radio in 71E but managed to get to ASJ anyway. Had a particularly bad and gusty crosswind at that airport when landing on runway 1 that caused a few bounces in my very quick touch-and-go. That was my worst landing ever, I think.

But I made it back to JGG a bit later and did an OK landing there. And I felt pretty good about my navigation and VOR capabilities.

Still lots to re-learn on the landing side. But I am re-gaining knowledge each time. Hopefully the aircraft I fly will stay in one piece long enough for me to get decent again. :)

Weather permitting; I will be taking the wife up on Valentine's day. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight