2nd first solo

I took 71E up solo this morning; it was my first solo time in 7 years.

I flew over the house and got a few shots, then headed over to West Point to shoot one touch-and-go on runway 9. I got some help from a fellow pilot out there that I was using an old frequency, which I was starting to suspect when I saw plenty of traffic in the area yet heard no radio calls.

My landing was a bit hard there, which made me realize why I have had so much trouble with flaring properly in 71E. The seat was WAY too high. I lowered it on the way back to JGG and made a decent little squeak landing ~150' down the runway, with the stall warning going off a few inches above the ground (that was my first landing on 13 with right hand traffic).

It was quite cold today; had to use the propane engine pre-heater before cranking it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight