Flying with Air Combat USA

My friend Maciek and I went out for some friendly dogfighting at nearby SFQ airport today. Air Combat USA was in town so my wife gave me the flight as a birthday present (the big 3-0).

The plan had been to fly the Cessna down there from Williamsburg, but a major wind storm (25kts - 35kts) kept us grounded. In fact, we went out to the airport to double check the tie downs and I think if I had removed them the Cessna would have started sliding sideways.

So we drove the 1.5 hours down to Suffolk. The trip is a classic case of flying being more efficient as that same drive would have only been a 30 minute flight (when driving you have to go out of the way to get to a bridge over the James river).

With the winds as they were, the Air Combat flight was - hmmmmm, what word to use - memorable. I'll get into details on that soon, but for now here's the first part of the flight in video form:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight