Local flight

This morning I went out to the airport around 9AM to get in a quick flight to PHF and back. Performed a simple landing on 20 at PHF before taxiing back to depart again. Did well with the radio work and handling the bit of turbulence below 1000'. Had a decent crosswind at PHF as well. Both landings were firm but acceptable.

Two things I screwed up today:
  • Flew too close to the nearby nuke station - just forgot all about it until I was already too close. I turned away from it immediately.
  • Left carb heat on when taxiing at PHF - not really good for the engine and highlighted the need to ALWAYS USE THE CHECKLIST. So I learned that for the 20th time.
I'm getting very close to 300 hours of total time now - 2/3s of that is in 172s which is something I want to change. I need to branch out more.

In other news, fellow 35388 co-owner John passed his private pilot check ride on Friday! Congrats to John!

Hopefully he will safety pilot for me until K gets her ticket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight