Airport pickup

This weekend my business partner Tyson came into town for our first face-to-face meeting. He flew into Norfolk so that gave me the perfect excuse to use the Cirrus. Rather than drive the 1 hour distance I flew it in 20 mins. It still took just as long door-to-door but was WAY more fun.

It was pretty windy on Friday so I found the air a little bumpy below 3000 feet. On final into Norfolk I had a good 20 kt headwind which made me feel like I was crawling to the runway. A large Southwest jet was waiting on me so I tried to keep my speed up. I touched down nicely on the left wheel, then a moment later on the right, then another second or so later on the nose. Someone came over the radio and said "nice one!" I assumed it was the southwest jet referring to my landing, since I was the only one moving on the airport at the time. I just gave a double-click back over the radio and smiled. For all I know it was somebody in the tower talking about his cup of coffee. :) But I was happy with the landing nonetheless.

After picking him up we took off for home. But not until we diverted a little bit to get Tyson some stick time and to fly over my house/office.

Over the weekend we managed to get in a good bit of product planning for ForeFlight while sneaking in some pure fun here and there. We also spent an hour or so at the airport getting some marketing pictures of us (and our first product) with the Cirrus.



When returning to Norfolk on Sunday to drop him off, Tyson took the reigns for the entire flight - including a landing from the right seat (which bested my good Friday landing). He did a absolutely great job piloting the Cirrus and got a good dose of its flying characteristics. I dropped him off with the engine running and turned right back around for the short hop home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight