A relaxing afternoon flight

I just finished one of the most relaxing flights I have had in a long time. I spent 1.1 hours in the local area, with no set plan, just enjoying flying for flying's sake.



Had a little bit of fun starting the Arrow today. Recently the starter will not engage until you turn the prop a little, so you get yourself all belted in and go to start it, only to find that you have to hop out and turn the prop maybe half way around to get the starter gear seated. But after that it started right up.

I had to cancel an early morning flight yesterday because I ran out of battery power before I could get the engine to start in the 32 degree temp (I only ran the starter 30-40 seconds total, so maybe the battery was still asleep that morning).

But back to today: I shot a landing at FYJ where I had to wait on the taxiway for parachuters to land, I did a stall and a steep turn, and a quick landing down the ILS7 at PHF. Then it was back to JGG where I had a fairly decent touchdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight