IFR flight #21 - air work


Today I gained another 1.0 hours of hood time by performing some airwork in the area local to JGG.

We did steep turns, slow flight, power on/off stalls, unusual attitudes, partial panel turns, and a circle to land back into JGG.

The air was absolutely, perfectly still today. It was very unusual. When we did some unusual attitudes, I put my head down and tried to fly straight and level blind. After a long 7-8 minutes Charles had me look up (just before I feel asleep) to see that we were in a perfect left-hand standard rate turn (3 degrees/sec). That airplane must like standard rate turns. :)

I learned one thing I already knew, that I am too reserved with the yolk when doing stalls. I was not pulling it back far enough (all the way back) to make it do a nice stall. I guess there are worst things to be bad at though. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight