IFR flight #20 - Wakefield GPS, PHF ILS 7, JGG VOR-A

I brought my total instrument time up to 27.1 hours today after a 1.4 hour flight in the vicinity of JGG.

We shot the GPS 20 approach into Wakfield, where I did a rather poor job of circling to land (got too low, should have gone straight in away).

We then headed over to PHF to shoot the ILS 7 partial panel. That went quite well, I kept the needles nicely centered and did a nice, soft touch and go.

I also did better on the VOR into JGG under a partial panel (and with one NAV radio). I got on the inbound radial much quicker this time, using the hold at HARCUM to help reduce the turn angle to get on the inbound course.

Things to improve:
- CIRCLING TO LAND
- holding altitude (kept going 100 ft high)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight