Flying IFR out of PHF

Today I filed an IFR flight plan and we flew from PHF to ORF to Hamptons Roads and back to PHF. We did the ILS @ ORF and PHF (with a circle to land on 02) and the GPS overlay for the NDB 2 approach at Hampton Roads.

I did a poor job on the GPS approach, but OK on the two ILSs. Had some stumbles on the radio today as well. Definitely my worst IFR flight yet. The primary culprit was not being prepped for the GPS approach (it was a complicated one to boot).

I ordered some new Jepp approach plates today, but I am getting tired of paying $27 per set. I think I may start printing out the FAA ones from PDF files online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight