At Oshkosh 2010

My week actually in Oshkosh was pretty amazing. I saw very little of the airshow, but spent the majority of my time manning the ForeFlight booth in Hangar D.

We setup Sunday afternoon after I arrived at KFLD. ForeFlight rented a house and borrowed a car from the home owner. We used that and another rental car to drive to the airport/show and park by Hangar D.

A colleague went ahead to grab up our credentials so, with that all set, we brought our literature, posters, and other materials into Hangar D. The booth was there waiting on us (I had shipped it UPS to the show) so within an hour or so my Dad, co-worker, and I had the booth setup and ready to go. It really went about as well as it could have.

The next day, Monday, was the first day of the show. We were swamped from the beginning of the day until the end, 9-5.

It was really great getting to talk to everyone - existing customers, well wishers, people that had never seen an iPad before, the whole gamut. My co-worker and I manned the booth all day without a single break. Needless to say, we were exhausted, thirsty, and hungry at quitting time.

My dad and I went to our car and made a run for pizza and supplies from Wal-Mart (snacks, drinks, etc.).

The rest of the week went just like Monday, completely swamped. However we were able to enlist help in manning the booth from some our our advisors and beta testers that were attending the show. They sacrificed their valuable Oshkosh-time to help meet and greet folks at our booth. We were so happy they helped out - even with their help we had a very hard time taking a break.

The last day, Sunday, was a bit slower as most of the pilots were either leaving or had left Saturday. My co-worker was able to man the booth solo (he's a machine) so I took the chance to go back to the house and stay off my feet (they were killing me - I'm just a desk jockey after all).

That night I used ForeFlight Mobile (what else?!) to brief my flight home on Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight