About 5 quality seconds of landing practice

This morning's flight was meant to get me up and down before the winds started picking up. I've not been thrilled with my last few landings (tending to float) so I wanted to give myself no excuse today - no winds means it's all the pilot's fault.

I've gone through phases in the past where my landing consistently seem to fall short (not literally, thankfully). But today I did a good job with my one landing - hopefully ending this most recent streak.

As usual, I think my problem has been bad airspeed management (flying a bit too fast). I can give myself a pass on that type of mistake when the winds are playing around, but not when they are just a few knots.

Before takeoff today I pulled out my new iPhone 3GS (for ForeFlight testing of course!) and took this quick video. I uploaded it to Vimeo since they seem to provide better quality viewing. The video is nothing special but did show me that the 3GS takes great video, especially if you can keep from shaking your phone when filming.

Just before takeoff from KUZA from Jason Miller on Vimeo.

Comments

Max said…
Turn your NAV lights on dude.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Some people say there is 3 factors that make a good landing......but nobody has found out what those 3 factors are. So until they are discovered we are all doomed to a bouncer from time to time.

I have put a link to your blog from mine.

Enjoy getting around with that specy G100

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight