Cessna quality

My recent flight in the flight school's new C172 with the G1000 was my first flight in a new Cessna.

I came away impressed with how smoothly the engine ran and how much improved the panel switches are on the new machines.

The engine was fairly quiet for a C172 and purred like a kitten. There was no shaking panel, as many C172s I have flown have, and even the rudder pedals gave little vibration. Even at idle it ran very happily - no sputtering or protesting at all.

The toggle switches in the new birds also feel much more substantial than in the older machines. They seem to be copies of what I imagine the Citations might have - not that I would know.

It all comes together to give a feeling of quality that was surprising to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight