Bonus Cirrus time

My flying buddy John was insanely kind to me this week (as usual). He flew almost 2 hours down in the Cirrus (in light chop) to SC to pick me up and let me fly for the return trip. He brought along a KJGG CFI for the trip and that gentleman sat right seat.

Then, after I conducted my business in Williamsburg, John repeated the whole thing in reverse for me - I flew us back down to UZA and he flew the Cirrus back. For the return trip to UZA we had a special guest - Charlie, the lineman who has taken such good care of us and our airplanes for these past years.

He sat up front with me and seemed to have a good time. We taught him about the airframe parachute and how to deploy it. We showed him where the egress hammer is in case we ended up inverted on the ground and have to smack our way of of the plane. We did follow-up that those events were incredibly unlikely. :)

Shortly after takeoff I tried to convince him to take the reigns and wield the 310 horses of the SR22 for himself, but he was content to just take in the sights. So I called up Flight Following and talked with the powers that be on the ground all the way back down south.

John occupied himself in the backseat with the newspaper and some coffee. We joked that he looked like he was getting chauffeured. He joked that I owed him BBQ sandwiches for showing up empty handed at lunch time the day before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight