Cirrus SR22 training - flight 3

Today I met with my new Cirrus (CSIP) instructor for a morning flight. My parents were in town so my Dad joined us in the back seat.

We started the flight with a bit of ground discussion on IFR take-off minimums and departure procedures. I learned a good bit in a mere few minutes! Chatting on the ground allowed the fog to burn off so we didn't worry about picking up our IFR flight clearance.

We did the VOR approach into KPTB but called that off early as they had parachutists in the air (along with at least 2 other local airports). From there spent some time doing airwork (slow flight, stalls, steep turns) then went to Franklin (FKN) to do 2 landings. After that we went back to Williamsburg to end the flight.

On the way out of FKN my instructor and my Dad took a look at a recent crash site. The crash involved 2 people who were stuck 50' up in a tree for 6 hours, in swamp land. They were eventually lowered to the ground and walked away, but not before the rescue crew had to clearcut an acre or so to get to them.

Here's the last landing at FKN:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight