Watching the big iron land at Reagan National

Since we were in D.C. today, my wife and her brother and took the metro to Reagan National airport. We had heard that you could get pretty close to the approach end of one of the runways and watch the airplanes come in.

After getting off at the metro stop we had to get directions to learn how to walk to the sight-seeing point.

Once we arrived we weren't disappointed. The view was impressive as the massive jets came turning in to line up on final. I stood right within the "running rabbit" lights and watched the planes over my head at maybe 100-150' AGL.

The image to the right is a psuedo-3D image (just an animated gif) that I made of the view to the runway. I was trying to get the same effect I read about here, but mine isn't quite as good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight