A quick flight with the video camera

The family was in town this weekend so my Dad and I went up for 1.0 hours. We flew out of Newport News and decided to just head out to the southwest for a bit to do a few maneuvers. We needed to meet back up with the rest of the family after a bit so we kept it short.

We did some slow flight, a power-off and power-on stall, some steep turns and then flew over my house for some sightseeing.

From there we headed back to PHF. We were cleared for a left-hand downwind to runway 2. Abeam the numbers I pulled power to idle to practice a simulated engine-out landing. My dad videoed that as well:



This was my first flight in more than a month. I was happy to find that I got in "the groove" of aviating fairly quickly.

We ended the day by getting some more film of a few jets taxiing in and a nice chopper that was parked on the ramp:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight