IFR flight #14 - second time in the system

Charles and I got in 1.9 hours today shooting a couple of approaches at the Dinwiddie Co. airport in Petersburg, VA. We first shot the VOR-23 approach and then did an early "missed" to avoid some VFR traffic. From there we asked the controller for vectors to the LOC-5 approach, but it appeared he took us in the wrong direction (NE) for a bit. Charles mentioned to the controller that it appeared we were going in the wrong direction and at the point we starting getting some good vectors. We shot the localizer 5 and did a circle to land for 23, left hand traffic. I was surprised at how natural the LOC approach felt, since I had never actually done one. I have done all the parts of it before, but never together. I all fit together just fine in my head. I was amazed at how busy KPTB was considering it was 10AM on a Friday. There was a decent bit of traffic for a field with no tower.

Since we ran out of time we did not get to shoot the VOR-A into W96. We just headed back to JGG and practiced some partial panel work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight