IFR flight #7

Charles and I did another 1.3 hours today.

This time we performed an instrument take-off (with the foggles on) and practiced some VOR tracking. This was my first lesson on instrument navigation, which I am hoping will be one of the more interesting sections of the training; it is so far.

We intercepted radials inbound and outbound and I got my first look at a simple VOR approach with a procedure turn.

I managed to pull a way-high landing at the end, a fairly disappointing end to the otherwise fun lesson. I plan to practice some touch-and-goes and steep turns Sunday morning in an attempt to get the feel back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight