IFR flight #1

I worked with Charles Tucker for the first time today starting on my Instrument Training. Today's lesson focused on using the instruments to maintain straight and level flight as well as constant speed climbs and descents. We also combined a couple of turns with a climb or descent. At the very end of the lesson Charles simulated a vacuum failure by covering up the attitude and heading indicators. That caused me to struggle a bit with maintaining my heading, but only by 10 degrees for a minute or so.

The air was nice and calm, which helped me a good bit. From time to time I was able to maintain straight and level on the right numbers for 20 seconds at a time! :)

My landing left much be desired, mainly because I was doing a pattern that Charles got me to change, due to noise restrictions - I just did a bad job of adapting. Hopefully I can perform a bit better on that VFR aspect next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight