Flying with Dad Miller

My parents were in town this weekend so on Sunday morning my Dad and I went for a quick 1.0 hour flight in 99A - taking me to 150 hours total time. The weather was terrific for flying; calm winds, 45 degree temps, and sunny.

We flew over my neighborhood and then over to Newport News for a touch-and-go. Then we headed back to the Chickahominy river, where hwy 5 crosses it, and turned back for a landing on 13 at JGG.

My dad took about 15 minutes of film footage on his new Sony camcorder and I used a firewire cable to transfer it over to my powerbook. I promise the landing was not a rough as the camera view makes it look. :)



My parents also brought up a late Christmas present: SimPed F-16+ rudders for my flight simulator setup. I haven't been able to configure the tow brakes yet, and the positioning of the pedals under my desk needs some work, but the rudders are working well so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight