Ground Power Unit

I recently bought a small GPU from Sporty's so I could do database updates and avionics exploration on the ground without concern over draining the batteries in the SR22.

I went with this one rated for 35 Amps max.   So far I haven't seen the plane draw more than 10 amps, so 35 looks to be plenty.  It seems well built and was easy to use.

Here's how I use it:

  1. Hook up wires on GPU and power it up
  2. Remove GPU cover on airplane (quarter turn screw)
  3. Plug GPU into airplane
  4. Turn on Batt 1 switch
  5. Verify that GPU indicates reasonable amperage draw (7-10 amps in this case)
  6. Turn on Avionics switch if required
Then when its time to turn everything off, reverse the order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight