Crosswind landing practice

Having not experienced too many crosswinds recently, today worked out well to give me some practice. I just made 2 landings, but each had a ~10kt crosswind - not much but enough to let me practice my crabbing/slipping technique.

I flew down to KCDN to check out that airport in Camden, near the family lake house. Here's a quick photo of the lake house I grabbed with my iPhone:

As I approached KCDN I talked with some traffic going into the airport. By the time I was within a few miles the traffic had all settled down - a Cirrus was dropping off a passenger, a Cessna was taxiing to their tie down, and a turbine helicopter was idling by a building on the airport property.

I just taxied back to take off again. While I was down on the ground I took in the local sites. The airport has two runways, both of which looked recently paved and were in top-notch condition. The airport buildings also looked well maintained.

The return trip to KUZA was a slow one with a 27 kt headwind (so my groundspeed took a 23% hit).


I ended the flight with a decent landing back at KUZA. Those crosswind landings didn't feel too foreign after all.

Comments

Worldpilot said…
Nice pix. Your HDG BUG is off on the headwind pic ;).

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight