Aerial photo time

I took my Dad up for the first time in quite a while this Saturday morning.

We rented a C172 and flew to his friend's house to get some photos of a pond he has had installed. Then it was on to the house at Lake Wateree we recently bought.

After that we dodged some clouds to go to our pond which is being worked on. They have lowered the water level 3 feet by digging a big trench in the dam. Beavers have been plugging the "leak" within a few hours of it being cleared out, so we thought we'd see if they had plugged it yet again. They had. :)

Lake Wateree house

The pond - covered in green plants with the dam on the right side

Me standing on the dam the next day, by the drain trench, after Dad cleared it again

I got Dad to shoot a pseudo-approach using KUZA's ILS 02 procedure - or at least what I remembered of it from memory. He did a great job, even with me monekying with the throttle too much. I took over at ~300 AGL and made an OK landing. Dad taxiied us back to parking and tied down the plane after shutdown. I ended up making 2 extra trips back to the airplane after forgetting both the books and the hobbs/tach times. I must not be renting enough - shouldn't have forgetten those obvious things. :)

We saw a posting for a 1/2 share in a Cirrus (one without the PFD, but a six-pack instead). Made me wish I was in a position to buy into another airplane - though not at the 1/2 level, more like 1/3 or 1/4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight