Aero Ace = Funtimes!

Yesterday I read a post at Digg about a small, cheapo RC airplane that's a lot of fun. So at lunch I went to the local Target and picked one up - all $30 of it.

I just got to play with it today at lunch and it WAS a lot of fun. I started out trying it in the two-car garage but wasn't really making it work. So I headed out into the backyard where there is a little more room. I had it flying fairly well in just a few attempts.

The little plane is structurally strong! As long as you crash nose-first (as most crashes are) it holds up to the punishment well. I have been careful not to mess up the tail, as it looks pretty weak.

The controls are really simple - one up/down stick for throttle/pitch and one right/left stick for differential engine power (it's a twin engine!). Within just a few flights I could toss it (that's how it takes-off), fly it in a few circles, and then catch it. My wife was flying it well just as quickly as me.

The wife said I had a goofy smile on my face the whole time I was flying it. She threatened to take a picture. I tried to hit her with the Aero Ace. I did finally manage to hit her but she was no worse for wear. Damnit. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight