Over the clouds

Today was just a quick 0.9 hour flight to give 8KR some engine run-time.

I went down to the FKN VOR and back again. On the way I was just over some tiny clouds that were at 1800'. As I went further south they started getting thick enough that I needed to climb up to 3000'. I like being higher up because the air is cooler - I don't like it because the airwaves seem more polluted. Listening to UNICOM 122.8 from that height has you hearing all kinds of overlapping transmissions with the associated squeals from the radio.

Being over that layer of thickening clouds was pretty though - made me feel like I was flying way up high.

I ended the flight with a decent landing on 31 back at JGG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight