CH Products Yoke for PC Flight Sim'ing

For Christmas I got a CH Products Flight Sim Yoke, a fairly simple USB-based yoke for my PC.

It worked right out of the box with a very simple installation process. I fired up MS Flight Sim after installing the yoke and was up and flying in no time. The buttons were setup to good defaults, with the 2 "panel" toggle switches setup to raise/lower the gear or raise/lower flaps. It also has a elevator trim wheel and plenty of hats and buttons.

I soon realized that I didn't have a control setup for the rudder, but there was a pair of buttons on the right top of the yoke for rudder trim. I found that using the trim was plenty good enough to keep me on the runway on takeoff.

All in all it is a nice device, not super high levels of quality but definitely worth its cost. Being a yoke, it gives a better "general aviation" feel than the joysticks I have used for the last 15 years on flight sims.

Since I also have the excellent thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS, I am contemplating building a little flight sim chair that can have all these controls mounted on/by it in the proper place. My desk is more than a little cluttered with all these game controllers now but I guess that is a nice problem to have.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Life is sometimes funny... few days ago I posted about how to build a personal flight sim for training and mentionned the CH-Products yoke as well. I used to have it for years, because it's integrating a three power levers quadrant which is really good for procedure training.

Click here to read my post about it

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight