Cirrus Jet

In case you've yet to hear, yesterday Cirrus took the wraps off their single-engine jet design. It appears to still be a mock up but the general shape and layout of the airplane is now out for all to soak in.

I don't think it's as nice looking as their SRs are, but the cockpit sure is interesting - one big piece of glass with no buttons. I don't know if that means they haven't figured out where to put them yet or if it will be a touchscreen. A touchscreen seems like a terrible idea for a airplane in turbulence, but I've never tried it so what do I know?

I hope to see one up close at Oshkosh - that's probably my only chance to get near one any time soon as I don't quite have the $100k to put down on a deposit. :) Then again, if I was that rich, I'd probably try to jump up to a Cessna Mustang.

Check out the pictures here as well as this little video clip I found on youtube:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs