More complex time, but not great time

Today I spent 0.8 hours in the pattern. This was likely only the third time I have "stayed in the pattern" since I picked up flying again a year or so ago.

We were practicing short/soft field takeoffs (neither of which have I done in many years). Needless to say, there was plenty of rust. Especially when coupled with the fact that I haven't flown in a few weeks and I am still getting use to a complex airplane. No dangerous rust thankfully, just rust.

In fact, my first landing today was supposed to be a short field landing. What did I end up doing? The best NORMAL landing I have ever done in the plane. In fact my instructor even said that he doesn't see people make many landings that nice in that airplane, but that it was a crummy short field landing. :)

I said "I'll take what I can get". :)

I'm fighting some kind of virus or other bug, so even though I performed quite poorly today, I'll take it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight