Austin trip

Most of my recent flights haven't been much to write home about.  Primarily flight testing ForeFlight stuff during local trips,  but I did take a long trip out to Austin.  That's the furthest I have flown west, and it took roughly 6 hours to get out there (with a fuel stop midway).

I got to spend some time with fellow ForeFlight coders at the Redbird SkyPort.  It's a gorgeous place for airplane geeks to hang out.


We got some flight testing in while we were all together.  Here's a shot of that in a lovely Mooney.


Here's a shot of us coding the next version of ForeFlight Mobile in the SkyPort.  After a while, we got pretty good at not being distracted by the Ovation in the hangar.



I also got to fly a couple of "real" approaches (i.e. there were lots of clouds around) which was a ton of fun.  Such a feeling of accomplishment when you punch out of the clouds and ease in for a landing in WX that few others fly in.

Last week I went up for a quick hop around the Charlotte airspace.  There's lots of civilization to check out while flight testing along that route.  Here's a shot of some towers I was keen to avoid while I stayed low enough to not bother the airliners coming into town.  They're tough to see in this still shot, but were easy to keep tabs on when in flight.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight