Another first timer!

Today the weather was too nice to resist a quick trip around the patch. Ryan, a new employee at the office, was "forced" to join me on the trip - his first in a general aviation plane. :)

I flew around the north side of the KRIC airspace to overfly his house on the other side. We then asked for a landing at Richmond, which we got after a bit of vectoring around. I must have picked a busy time to come in - had I known I might have not bothered with that stop. We spent a decent amount of time on the ground as well - getting a lengthly takeoff clearance and then being given the option to just turn right back around to depart opposite the runway we came in. We taxied into position quickly but had to wait on a few other bigger airplanes landing on another runway before blasting off.

On the way back to JGG Ryan took the controls for some straight and level flight. After I showed him a few steep turns he was back in control to enter the landing pattern. We landed on 31 and parked the airplane back in the hangar. It was a great trip and, like every flight, I learned (or relearned) some things. The main thing this time was to be prepared for a lengthly clearance at the larger airports. I was happy to find that I actually memorized almost 95% of the clearance even when unprepared (quite a feat with my brain), but next time I need to be ready to write it down.

Other good news - I recently passed 50 hours PIC in the SR22. Hopefully that will translate into lower insurance costs sometime - it has already translated into LOTS OF FUN!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updating data on the Garmin Perspective system

Hiking to Rocky Peak in Steamboat Springs

G1000 transistion training - emergencies - final flight